WARNING SIGNS OF A FAILING ONSITE SEWAGE SYSTEM
- Sewage on the surface of the ground or discharging into surface waters.
- A foul smelling, slimy, blackish/grayish liquid in the drainfield area or out of down-slope pipes or banks.
- Standing/flowing water or soggy soils in the drainfield area.
- Greywater (laundry or sink water) discharged to the ground or surface waters.
- Sewage back-up into the residence caused by slow soil absorption.
For more information on septic systems, please refer to the Homeowners Guide to Onsite Sewage Systems.